Posted on December 18 2021
Easy Homemade Lemon Bars
Shared from Wilton blog
Lemon-lovers rejoice! The best lemon bar recipe is finally here. It's a homemade dessert that's easy to make and sure to impress. It has just the right amount of sweet and tart lemon filling and delicious buttery crust.
After they bake and cool, dust them with powdered sugar and serve. Once you learn how to make this easy lemon bar recipe, your friends and family will ask you to make them every time you get together.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar) plus additional for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup lemon juice (from about 8 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 13 in. x 9 in. baking sheet
- Vegetable pan spray
- Mixing bowls
1 - Make crust. Preheat the oven 350ºF. Prepare 13 in. x 9 in. pan with vegetable pan spray.
2 - In a large bowl, stir together flour, powdered sugar and salt.
3 - Add butter to the mixture and stir to form a soft dough.Then press into the bottom of the pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
4 - Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
5 - Making filling. While the crust is baking, whisk together granulated sugar and flour in a medium bowl.
6 - Add eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice and zest and whisk until smooth.
7 - Pour the mixture over the hot crust and return to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center is set. Cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
8 - Dust cooled bars with additional powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- To Store: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To Freeze: Wrap well and freeze for up to 3 months.